DSK

Default ON Topic -- Power boat novice seeks advice

RichG wrote:
Hmmmm... I wonder, in your case, if you could simply take all of the sailing
paraphernalia off of your present boat...and just use her for a slow, but
stable power boat? You'd have to add fuel capacity...but nothing else that I
can think of?? What do you think?

It's a good idea but it takes a very strong willed person to go against
popular opinion. You could even add a pilothouse & more fuel tankage.

One of the nicest cruising boats I have been aboard is a Morgan Out
Island with the sailing rig chopped short, a pilothouse and a stern
platform and some other stuff added, and about half the ballast keel
sawed off. It was nowhere near as expensive as a "real" trawler style
yacht with the same accomodation would have been, and a lot more
practical most ways. It was a better looking boat IMHO than the Out
Island it started life as, too.

FB
Doug King