Reggie Smithers

Default Hunting Accidents

Harry Krause wrote:

Cheney is an experienced hunter. He should know better.

I would guess the majority of hunting accidents are the result of
experienced hunters making a stupid mistake. A new hunter is so
concerned with following the rules, and not making a mistake, that he is
focusing more on the other hunters than the birds. An experienced
hunter is more inclined to "assume" everyone is following protocol
concerning the hunting line.

You made a comment about when you are shooting clay that only two people
are on the line, everyone else stands behind the hunters. If I went on
a hunt, I would require one person to be standing behind the line, to
let everyone know if someone is rejoining the line or is not following
protocol.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.