posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.outdoors.camping
Dan Williams

Default Kayaking Advice Please

"Steve Hix" wrote in message
In article .com,
"BeeRich" wrote:

We'll likely be visiting #1 Daughter in Minnesota this summer, and her

husband's uncle wants, as usual, to head up to the Boundary Waters area
for a couple of days. We'll probably pack the wheels and rent kayaks for
that trip, rather than trying to ship our sea kayaks by air when we go.

Actually portaging devices with wheels are prohibited within the wilderness
are. That and the fact that many portages are not a walk in the park, rocky,
boulder strewn, steep, muddy etc... make portage wheels difficult. Don't let
that stop you from the trip, beautiful place.