DSK

Default Credit card refunds (was) New Found Metals will sue me ifI tell my

Skip Gundlach wrote:
About credit card companies:

I had a similar experience with an electronics supplier. No amount (months,
literally, including multiple hours-long phone calls doing exactly as the
owner dictated, real-time) of following instructions would make the gear
work as ordered.

Discover happily "temporarily" refunded my price, but the shipper asserted
that they worked properly, and they were custom, so no return.

Joint phone call consultation with Discover produced a demand by the seller
that I engage a Microsoft Certified Network Analyst to determine the problem
in my computer (despite their not working on several machines, failing in
the same fashion[s]).

Without that expense, Discover won't back me up.

Playing the credit card card isn't likely to win anything...

Then youo need to drop that credit card IMHO. You are the
client, and if they favor the merchant over their client,
then you should not do business with them.

I have a Mastercard held by a third party through my local
bank, their policy is 'no-questions-asked' on any disputed
charge up to 90 days, and after that to resolve any disputes
in my favor if reasonable. I've put this to the test several
times, never frivolously, and they have always refunded my
money.

DSK