Reggie Smithers

Default How much (snow) did you get?

Don White wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:31:23 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:01:05 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

As of 6 am, we've had maybe three to four inches of snow, and
it's still
coming down, though lightly.

Out on the Bay, today:
NW winds 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves 3 to 4 ft. Morning
snow.
Vsby 1 nm or less...increasing to 1 to 3 nm this afternoon.

At the moment, our forecast states:

Snow this morning...then a chance of snow this afternoon. New snow
accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Total accumulation 5 to 10
inches...less
along the Chesapeake Bay. Breezy with highs in the mid 30s.
Northwest
winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph this morning.

Snow just started here at approx 1100 AST.
We may get between 15-20 cm before it's over.

cm?

freakin' metric system.

One day the US will catch up with the civilized world!

Screw the "civilized" world. We got along with the fractional system
for a hell of a lot longer than that pansy metric system.

Yeah, why would anybody want a system that actually makes sense?

We don't need no stinking logic. It takes a real man to understand
the fractional system, and it makes it easy to weed out the deadwood
or those moving up in the years and are not as sharp as they once were.

Consider it Darwin for the industrial world.

mmmmmmm.....think again Mr. Smithers............ your country is happily
sending all it's industrial jobs to a metric country.

Don,
It is are way of helping others.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.