Doug Kanter

Default Dick Cheney shoots buddy - for real.

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
And this guy has access to other weapons, large ones like nukes? If that
isn't a scary thought.

What a careless idiot.

Capt. Jeff

Indeed. Here (upstate NY), there are about a dozen accidental shootings by
hunters each year. The star of the show back in November was a guy who shot
himself in the knee with a 12 guage while loading his deer into the back of
his truck. Read the DEC's safety recommendations and it's clear the idiot
broke at least 3 of them. Don't climb or do other clumsy things while
carrying a loaded gun, for instance.

Hell...it sounds like my kid is safer with guns than Cheney and his pals.

Speaking of nukes, I'm reading a book called "Veil: Secret Wars of the CIA".
It's focused on the beginning of Reagan's first term, and William Casey's
experiences as CIA director. Interesting tidbit: When Reagan was shot, his
clothing and wallet were taken by the FBI as evidence. Against objections by
Reagan's staff & secret service, the FBI also took the card presidents
carry, containing the codes they'd need to use if they had to launch
missiles from a location other than a gov't facility. The card was out of
his control for "quite some time", as the book described. Scary.