Lawrence James

Default Flooring Recomendations?

Likely it is stapled to the stringers and glassed over with fabric and
polyester resin. Make a couple test holes to determine the floor thickness
and then you can cut with a circular saw and not have to worry about going
too deep. A cutoff wheel in a grinder is the best way to do the edges. If
you look closely you should be able to figure out where the edge of the
floor ply is. Cut the fiberglass on the top at the edge. Cutting into
small pieces with the curcular saw will let you pull it up in sections.
There will be foam under it. The whole thing is a real choir so expect it
to be a long, tedious, and messy job. Start at the bad spots and that will
let you figure out how much floor to remove. When you put it back together,
personally I like epoxy instead of polyster resin, check out US composites
for good epoxy at a reasonable price.

"Scott Shirley" wrote in message
I have 1996 18; runabout that is starting to show some neglect from a
previous owner who left it uncovered. The flooring in the rear of the boat
and around the ski locker is getting pretty soft. What's the best way to
replace the flooring? Rip out the old carpet and flooring and replace with
marine grade plywood? Will there be a support structure left for me to

place
the new plywood on? Is the old flooring tied in to the Hull somehow?

Should
I just take the easy way out and lay a new sheet of plywood over the top

of
the old flooring?

Thanks.