posted to rec.boats.electronics
Daniele Fua

Default Isolation transformer and connection to ground

chuck wrote:
....snip

A short on either primary or secondary would trip the breaker, of
course, provided it has been sized properly.

....snip
Chuck

I am following your discussion with much interest as I am planning to
install very soon an isolation transformer in my boat.
I add a further question: I have just learnt that a firm is going to
commercialize a Switch-Mode Isolation Transformer (they claim is the
first in the world!) and, if you are interested, just make a Google
search. My question is: is it indeed equivalent to the ol' faithful and
massive isolation transformers?

Thanks for your help
Daniel