Griss

Default Smokey 2-stroke

"Calif Bill" wrote

15 gallons of fresh and a gallon of 25:1. less oil than a can of

topoil.
Bill

"basskisser" wrote
sorry Bill, should have simpled it down for you. Two stroke motor oil
is not the same as a "can of topoil". Fuel injectors aren't made to
have oil pushed through them, leaving deposits, eventually gumming
them up beyond working condition. Contact a representative of a
reputable company that manufactures fuel injectors, say, Bosch, and
see what they say. There are other negative factors involved also. The
added exhaust particulates, when read by the O2 sensor, makes the
computer think there is a rich condition, then tries to lean it out.

This sounds like a reasonable caution to me and the first time I've actually
had it explained to me. As I earlier posted, I've used old 50:1, at a rate
of a few gallons to a tank full a couple of times in my cars, some carb.
some FI. It makes sense not to do it in the FI rigs (so far, no prob, but
....) , but what do you think about carbureted vehicles, at a dilution of,
say 5 gal 50:1 to 15 - 20 gal regular fuel?

Grissy