JohnH

Default John Herring is a....

On 10 Feb 2006 18:33:58 -0800, "
wrote:

BOILED PEANUTS IN A CAN........ABOMINATION.........Redneck JIHAD.
Boiled (pronounced "Bold") peanuts should only be bought alongside some
country road from a guy with a name like "Bubba the Cajun" who dishes
em up from a large aluminum kettle heated from a nearby LPG tank. They
are a true delicacy and can be eaten two ways. Either shell them like
regular "Parched" peanuts or eat em shell and all the way I do. Eat em
hot. Beverage of choice is RC cola.

My brother married a yankee from NJ who decided to try to please him
when he told her he liked boiled peanuts. When he came home, she was
boiling those dry roasted peanuts to death and she still cant figger
why we all think its funny.

My yankee wife will not allow a boiled peanut stand to pass without
stopping to buy some and my kids all love em.

If you like boiled peanuts, cane syrup, blackeyed peas and collards,
you might fit in down here.

We used to get 'em at the flea markets. Loved 'em, but can't find fresh
ones this time of year.
--
'Til next time,

John H