Bert Robbins

Default AllofMyMP3?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
Our music industry is nuts anyway. They assume too much about their
customers. I use allofmp3 primarily to sample music. If I like it, I buy
the real CD, mainly because I find that liner notes are often very
informative. Or, if someone in my band wants us to learn a certain song,
and I need it TODAY, I'll download it.

Insane, indeed. The manufacturing costs for a CD are a small fraction of
what it used to cost to manufacture an LP. The problem is, the music
industry, like the movie industry, just got too damned greedy. We have
several hundred CDs, but I've only purchased a few recently because of the
pricing. Same with DVDs...I just wait for them to show up on the premium
cable channels, and they always seem to, and faster than ever.

Another problem with CDs...there rarely are more than three or four songs
on a CD that I really like...the rest I listen to once and never listen to
again. That's why I prefer downloading and paying for what I want. Three
songs I like, even at 99 cents each via iTunes, is better than three tunes
I like and 11 I don't, for $16.95 on a CD.

The death of the "album" is at hand.