Glenn A. Heslop

Default Garmin 76/60CSX Anchor Drag Alarm Useless

Works great for me. Sleep with the d**n near my bunk when the wind kicks
up. Waking up and maybe feeling uneasy...just reach over my head and grab
it, have a look. A nice little arc with no long lines, lets me know I'm
still where I should be...back to sleep. Mine's a Garmin 76...new in 2005.
My alarm is very functional but you need to dig into the options to adjust
the alarm value based on your scope etc. The alarm is more than enough to
wake me.

Glenn.

"Viper" wrote in message
oups.com...

The older Map76, Map76S, Map176C etc. all had an anchor drag alarm that
persisted until acknowledged. The new 76CSx and 60CSx anchor drag alarm
beeps only once, and that's it. As you will likely not be at the helm
or Nav station at such a time, this "improvement" renders these newer
units effectively useless for this specific role.

Garmin seems to recognize the need for a more persistant alarm with the
older products, why have they stepped backwards with the newer
products???