Default HDTV set up

Fred Dehl wrote:
Harry Krause wrote in
:

Fred Dehl wrote:
Harry Krause wrote in
:

Don White wrote:
Finally, the tv was delivered yesterday and the cable guy showed up
at 1500 today to do his thing.
Here we only have 9 real HDTV stations in the high channel range
602 - 610.

Tv is beautiful on those and a bit less so on the remaining
channels. One tricky thing is choosing the correct 'screen mode'.
I set it up so the HDTV fills the screen, but the normal channels
have the black bars on each side. They just don't look right if I
go to full screen or zoom or wide zoom.
I have to get the Sony salesman out to the house to make sure I
have the
set programmed for maxium clarity.

My SONY HDTV has the same sized screen display on regular or HDTV
cablecasts, so I am guessing you have a setting set wrong.

Nope, as usual, YOU are wrong.

HD broadcasts have an aspect ratio of 16:9. Regular broadcasts are
in 4:3 AR. If your regular programming fills the screen of an HD
display, either everyone looks fat or you're cutting off significant
parts of the top and bottom of the picture.

Fred:

There's nothing, I repeat, nothing you post here that I believe or
care about.

Good.

And you're wrong.

You don't even know what a ****ing aspect ratio IS, dickwash.

But I'm not going to expend any effort to "prove"
it.

Because you CAN'T, pussy.

The above inflammatory blather does absolutely nothing for your
credibility.