JohnH

Default New trailerable tug a huge hit...........

On 8 Feb 2006 11:20:40 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 8 Feb 2006 08:42:21 -0800,
wrote:

I just heard from a local company that they took orders for 12 of their
new 26-foot trailerable tugs at the recent Seattle Boat Show........and
that was without a finished boat on display!
(They had a hull and liner to show)

It was just about 25 years ago that a little company called Nordic Tug
introduced a 26-foot tug at the Seattle show. Nordic did a little
better, taking orders for some huge number of boats (that I will say
was in the 30's without going to the bother of checking my notes for
the exact figure).

Interesting to see how well this concept has endured, and how receptive
the public is to a small boat with some "appeal".

The new boat is built by a partnership formed between Ranger Tug
Company and C-Dory Marine. The Ranger Tug has been around for a while,
(built by the Livingston fammily) but has been essentially an open boat
with no superstructure aft of an enclosed pilothouse. The new boat
expands that original concept by extending the cabin well aft to create
a boat with enough cabin that people can get out of the rain or direct
sun.

At the risk of being tagged for SPAM, additional information on this
new boat is available at
www.c-ranger.com (no link, to pacify the anti spammers). Once on the
site, all the specs and a conceptual drawing can be viewed by clicking
on R 25 at the top of the page.

That R25 is beautiful, especially for a little over $100K. Thanks for the
post. Hope those boats make it to the Chesapeake.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Next time you're out this way to visit your brothers, bring a decent
truck (and a few bucks) with you and I can guarantee that one of these
will make it to the Chesapeake. :-)

I'll just fly it back on my 747.
--
'Til next time,