John-R W

Default What Size Motor

Hi All,

First time boat owner, so I don't really know too much about them.

I just got a 1988 Falcon Striper Pro boat. Needs some cleaning up, and some
work done to it, it also needs a motor and controles. My question is what
size motor should I consider putting on it.

I plan to just use it for fishing in the local lakes. We are not interested
in using it to ski or going supper fast. I would like for the motor to have
enough power to get me off the lake quickly in the event of a storm blowing
up.

I realize the boat is rather old, but I made what I think to be a pretty
good deal when I bought it, so I don't have a lot of money tied up in it
right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
John