Default Deposit at time of sale

Hello,

I am selling a boat through a reknown international broker in Thailand,
Lee Marine. A potential buyer has deposited the amount equivalent to
the commission of the broker but before I sign the contract I am
doubtful about the fact that the buyer has 4 weeks to inspect the boat
and that "the seller cannot enter into any other agreement...while this
agreement is in effect".

This seems to be very limiting and works against me. I bear the risk of
loosing opportunities to sell the boat during the next 4 weeks when
this agreement expires. On the other hand, the potential buyer does
take no risk since he can withdraw at anytime and get back his deposit
at 100%. My experience with other brokers was that the buyer will
loose his deposit if he withdraws from the sale. The other way of
working around this would be to shorten the expiration of the agreement
to a week from now.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications,

Philippe