Glenn Ashmore

Default What gives with hose fittings?

101 sanitation hose is the absolute worst to get on a barb. I finally found
Shields smooth sanitation hose fittings and they are almost easy. No heat
or grease needed.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I'd been warned that the gray hose fittings from hardware stores are
ridiculously oversize but I didn't realize that the nylon ones from the
marine store are also until after a lot of sweating and cussing. Even
after working the hose onto a heated (gently) pipe of the same diameter to
stretch it, getting the hose on the nylon nipples was at the limit of
feasibility.

Does anyone know the genesis or rational for this crazy situation? Why
can't the nation the put a man on the moon produce hose fittings that fit
hose?

--

Roger Long