JAXAshby

Default Does onw need a blower ???

BOOM!!!

harry, check the regs

I read that one should run blowers to vent the gas tank area before
starting the motor

if you have any electrical equipment (such as a battery) in an enclosed
compartment that contains gasoline you are required under regulations to
run
the blower for 5 minutes (?, it might be 4 minutes, who the hell
remembers).
Opening it up and sniffing is even better, but doesn't meet regs.

That doesn't explain the hundreds of thousands of outboard boats extant
that have fuel tanks under the deck, aling with batteries and all sorts
of other devices, and no blowers.

this particular poster's situation, no such regulation concerning
powered ventilation existed until after 1980.

Otherwise, the following link represents the facts:

http://squid.law.cornell.edu/cgi-bin...ART=182&SECTIO

N=460&TYPE=TEXT

Frankly, although the machinery is required to be installed, I don't
know of any regulation requiring its use. (Other than Darwin's school
of really hard knocks.)

Oh.... and 4 minutes is the magical quantity.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures at