Gary

Default Absolute must read!

Mys Terry wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:11:40 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:41:10 GMT, Mys Terry
wrote:

And don't be fooled by Practical Sailor.
They are likely not nearly as pure as they would like everyone to believe.

That's no doubt true but they are the best we've got. Their achilles
heal is accepting free use of equipment for testing. They would be
much more independant if they went out and purchased it with a testing
budget. Realistic? Probably not given their limited circulation.

It's not nearly good enough. Anyone who makes a purchase decision based on PS is
making a huge mistake. I did not renew my subscription. I find their testing
methods to be entirely random, unscientific, careless and worthless. You could
easily add "dishonest" to that list. They compound that by conclusions and
recommendations that do not match the results they themselves printed. They will
fault something in one product and excuse the same fault in the one they pick as
best. They do this constantly. JUNK JOURNALISM

How about an example rather than just a rant. I find them informative
and interesting even if I don't always agree. Their assessment of my
old Ranger 26 was at odds with what I thought but I enjoyed the read.