Old Swimmer

Default Honda 4 stroke engines

We have a Honda 130 on our 18 foot boat. Have had the motor 3 years and I
have had no problems with it so far but I only use the boat
infrequently(sigh) .

A marina I often use has all their rental boats equipped with Hondas (90's
I think) and they say they have been the most trouble-free engine they have
used to date.

By the way last year Honda issued a recall on my engine account fuel/water
separator issues. The shop was really impressed with the recall kit Honda
provided as it was about $1500 (Can) worth of new parts including not only a
new separator but complete new fuel rail with injectors and all. By the way
when I initially bought the engine we installed an external fuel/water
separator just because I always thought that good practice, so we never had
any problems.

The engine is very quiet at idle and is less noisy than most at cruise and
above,

"Dan" wrote in message
Anyone with experience with Honda's 4 stroke engines. In particular, I am
interested in the 150 - 200 hp engines. Thanks!