RCE

Default funny - kinda - story...

"RG" wrote in message news:h_cGf.3472$MJ.396@fed1read07...

Ever worked with a Basset Hound? I've had four of them over the years,
and have found that they definitively have a mind of their own, and work
mostly at the instinctual level, which is typical of the hound group. But
the Basset is the epitome of stubbornness. The lights are on, but
nobody's home. On the other hand they are extremely loyal, gregarious,
and quite comical, which is what makes them such great pets.

My daughter has a Basset mix that is going on 15 years old now. Great dog,
who, when you say, "Jessie, smile", the dog curls her lips up on each corner
of her mouth in a big, wide grin. Comical as heck.

As I type this, my "pal", a now 11 month old black Lab, is laying upside
down on his favorite chair, snoring loud enough to shake the walls. When we
got him (my wife's idea), the breeder told me that a dog that sleeps on
his/her back is an indication of good temperament in the dog. Sam Adams
must be the most layed back dog ever, if this is true.

RCE