Reggie Smithers

Default funny - kinda - story...

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:09:54 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:50:07 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

what part of the pit bull/whippet cross didn't you understand?

Picture please.

ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...and%20ball.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...20dog%20ii.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...0dog%20iii.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...20dog%20iv.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...%20dog%20v.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...20dog%20vi.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...20de%20dog.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...uke%20skye.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/skippynduke.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/skyedog.jpg

the big red dog is duke dogge dog - a mutant border collie - he is
totally blind and has been since birth. hes unbelievably smart. he
relies on smell and hearing - believe it or not, he can catch a ball
as long as it lands somewhere near him. he relies on my commands to
get the ball if he loses track of it. he has a working vocabulary of
about 500 words or there abouts and can understand simple non-compound
sentences.

the white and black dog is sky dog and is also a border collie. she
is a sweet heart and a very hard worker. unfortunately, she is about
as smart as a box of rocks and i have to work with her everyday to
keep her focused and keep her attention span at an appropriate level.
she lives for herding and wants every opportunity to work cows and
heifers.

the dog with the funny ears is skippy de dog, a pit bull/whippet cross
who is also very smart and a sweet heart. he still needs his training
leash when hes outside as he wants to chase cats - i use the training
leash to keep him from leaving the confines of the yard. i dont care
if he chases cats in the yard, but he has to stay in the yard. he has
learned his limits and has earned off leash time in the morning - he
is on the training leash at all other times. i figure another two
months or so with increased off leash times until hes good to go.

Nice looking dogs, they are almost as Motley as their owner. ; )

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.