Reggie Smithers

Default funny - kinda - story...

Harry Krause wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
So, do you prefer Hebrew National or Rossler dogs?*

*Rossler was the brand of hot dogs served at the famous and fabulous
"Jimmies of Savin Rock," before the area was yuppified.

When I ate hot dogs, it was Sabrett or Hebrew National. I wish you
had not mentioned that, now I want one.

What? You don't eat even Hebrew National hot dogs?

Jimmies of Savin Rock was *the* place to hang out in the summer from the
1950s to about the mid-1960s in southern Connecticut. Huge outdoor
restaurant, small indoor restaurant, fabulous food - dogs, clams,
lobster rolls, cherrystones, real fries, and Rossler franks. Everyone
would eat in their cars with the doors and windows open, listening to
the Clovers, the Del Vikings, the Elegants, the Penguins, the Drifters,
all the great Do Wop groups, and of course, our own local group, the
Five Satins.

Except for Healthy Choice products, I gave up all Sausage products / Hot
Dogs as a way to reduce fat intact.

Hebrew National 49grams
Total Fat 14g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%

I still eat Healthy Choice Smoked Sausage mixed with beans, it is very
low in Fat and Saturated Fat.
51 grams of Smoked Sausage.
total Fat (2.5g) 4%
Saturated Fat (1g) 5%
Cholesterol (20mg) 7%

I still remember the flavor of a good hotdog, I just don't eat them.

The same with Pizza. I LOVED PIZZA, but I did not know how to eat a
slice. I would eat half a pizza. So today, I just don't eat pizza.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.