posted to alt.sailing.boats.crew

Default Yacht Delivery Website Feedback

Why have you designed the screen to be 760 x 418 (roughly). As your
smallest screen will be 800x600, you have wasted a further 150 pixels
at least on the height.

You really should design for 1024x768 if you're going to design for any
screen size at all, which you shouldn't do anyway.

As for the feel, I don't like the menus, there is no change to the
headings of these when you pass the mouse over and the menu pops up.
This gives a feeling of, "did I open the right menu?", Perhaps the
menus shouldn't open until I click, and the menu headers should only
change colour when I hover the mouse over them. At present I don't
feel in control as a user.

As in your photos section, the full size of the photo is only slightly
bigger than the thumbnail. If you'd not restrited yourself to such a
small window then perhaps you could have had bigger photos.

Plus the menus items are only active on the text and not the whole
block around them. Think of the menus in a desktop app, that's how
your menus should work, as that's what the user expects.

Hope this helps.