posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa
John Glynn

Default LED Anchor Light

Thanks Gordon. Looks interesting.

Glenn.

"Gordon" wrote in message
Look at Bebi Electronics, They have one ready to hang.
Gordon

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in message
I had an idea...some feelback would be great.

I had a low-draw anchor light that we've been hanging from the boom when
anchored and simply stowing when underway. It's got a photosensor so is
automatic...you know the $40 one from Boatersworld. It's brightness is
acceptable but now that it quit working, I want to make a replacement.

I was thinking of a really damn bright light (i.e. so even the crazy

weekend
powerboaters from Miami will see it)...a battery sized to match (12hoursX
draw/H) & stored in a cockpit lazarette & coupled with a small solar

panel.
That way I can have a bright anchor-light while not drawing power from my
house batteries.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

Glenn.
s/v Seawing
www.seawing.net

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 22:05:03 -0500, Larry wrote:

It was bright enough.....well, until the battery ran dead around

midnight.
After that, it was DEAD....not good.

It is an absolute requirement that they must stay lit until 1/2 hour
after the last pub closes. :-)

There should also be an owner sensor that will cause it to start
blinking if you get to within 400 yards of it in your dinghy.