Ian George

Default Mayday off coast of Mexico-rescued from catamaran

While reading rec.boats.cruising, I noticed ray lunder
felt compelled to write:

Is there a general guideline for drogue size? My boat is 23', 9' beam,
tumbleholm stern, about 2.5 tons. Also, some boats have a provision
for chaining the rudder (mine doesn't) to avoid being bent by a
following wave. I assume the drogue is deployed on a line whose length
is somehow related to wave height or interval? Can you elaborate on
this? How do you avoid having the cockpit filled with seawater? Thank
you.

www.seriesdrogue.com

particularly:

http://seriesdrogue.com/designersnot...nersnotes.html

the other designers notes and research data on this site will answer
all the above.

Ian