Reggie Smithers

Default Why Optimax is not true DFI

Butch Davis wrote:
Reggie,

Interesting links.

On the com link the latest issue was in 2002. I read all of them. On the
biz link I only randomly checked a hand full. Of those the latest was 2003
but there may well be more recent issues posted.

There were some serious early isues posted but most of the later ones were
related to common easy to solve problems encountered by all brands.

BTW, if you give any value to posts from the K of Oz you need to relook your
sucker index :=). Do a google on her FICHT/ETEC postings and read them all.
Then repeat the process for Bill Grannis. Perhaps if she did not flat out
lie about what Bill Grannis says about the engines she would be a little bit
credible, IMO.

FWIW, this FICHT owner user for the past seven years is perfectly happy. If
I buy another boat it will be Etec powered based upon my considerable FICHT
experience and satisfaction.

YMMV.

Butch
"Reggie Smithers" wrote in message
. ..
Harry Krause wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
Billgran wrote:
"K. Smith" wrote in message

... eventually we got Bill to disassemble a Ficht injector & clock it
up & he was honest enough to come back & admit he'd been had).
Karen,

"You GOT me to dissassemble a FICHT injector ??????" You must be off
your rocker with that comment.

About the comment on the FICHT patents. Even the engineer Marcus Bell
would email me laughing that Karen from Australia could not even fathom
that fuel circulated thru the injector, even after many "lessons" to
you trying to make you see the light.

You are a looney.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Bill,
As someone who does have detailed knowledge of Ficht with a larger than
average data base, have you found Ficht or Etec to have more than the
average problems? Is there any truth to the problem that some of Ficht
engines had problems related to trolling for extended periods?

Trying to drum up some support for Ms. Smith?

Here are some interesting link with commentary from some people experience
in Ficht.

http://www.outboardrepairs.com/ficht/

http://www.outboardmotor.biz/FICHT/

As I said, I have no reason to support or bash Ficht or Ms. Smith.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Butch,
I do question most of Karen's posts, but instead of making it personal,
it makes much more sense to stick to the facts. You have always been a
knowledgeable contributor and so has Bill Grannis. It makes more sense
to place a higher value on actually data, than theoretical
extrapolations. Since Karen has taken a break from rec.boats, it makes
sense to make sure any new readers in rec.boats hear from others besides
Karen.