Spammy Spamson

Default Ocean Kayak and 27footer: store / tow

OK, from experience - don't tow a kayak. Except for river or squirt
boats the majority of Kayaks are designed to track in a straight line.
All goes well until you tack. The painter slakens a bit, then
rightens and your Kayak continues on it's merry way on your LAST
course, until it is dragged sideways, flips over and fills with
water. That does not address your particular question about sit on
tops however as it would not fill with water - but I still wouldn't
tow it.

As to carrying on deck... a major pain in the ass unless you have a 60
ft boat.

Any other questions?

I've sold about a million dollars worth of Kayaks and have owned up to
five at one time and still have a couple of folders (which are what I
recomend and use on my sailboat). If you want an economical folder
check out pac boat.

regards,

Capt Spammy

On 3 Feb 2006 14:02:52 -0800, "
wrote:

Does anyone have experience either storing an
ocean kayak (closed, sit on top variety) on a 27
foot sailboat, or towing it behind?

What are your experiences? Doable? Horrible?
Good idea?

Thanks!