posted to rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Tribolet

Default GPS Antenna Cable

I have a Garmin 162 that came with an external antenna on an (IIRC) 25' cable. I e-mailed
Garmin asking if I could shorten the cable. They said no problem, but since we can't
be responsible for the quality of the connection, it will void the warantee on the antenna
(not the GPS). Since it was already out of warrantee, I shortened, and installed one of the
Shake CenterPin BNC connectors. Works fine, and I have a little bigger signal strength bars.

"Butch Davis" wrote in message ink.net...
What are the ramifications of shortening the cable by cutting and spliceing? I've heard conflicting advice.

Thanks.

Butch