Wayne.B

Default Ocean Kayak and 27footer: store / tow

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:12:39 GMT, Gary wrote:

The only thing that I
can think of that would be of concern is it flipping over in a seaway
and diving.

Flipping over is a matter of "when", not "if". It would be good no
know in advance how it will react after it flips.

I've had 2 towed inflatables flip over, once with a 65 lb outboard
motor on the back, and 1 fiberglass dinghy capsize while being towed.
It happens with amazing speed under the right conditions, and it
doesn't have to be especially rough. I see no reason to think that a
kayak is immune.