DownTime

Default What was Your Boat Buying Strategy?

Mainshipman wrote:
I'm curious to hear stories about how folks knocked down the price on
their new boat, particularly anything creative or innovative (buying
used or stripping off options doesn't count). Anyone find any good
sources of information or do anything clever? Thanks.

I had my choices narrowed down to 3, with two being basically neck and
neck. I am referring to the quality, functionality and what was included
at that price. We bought while at a local boat show. The dealer was in
the mood to make sales, I had my price range in mind, and when they came
back and said 'yes' on the trade-in, I signed and gave a deposit, with a
caveat being a sea-trial.

When I made the offer, I had taken out the check book and pen and laid
down so they could see it. I was letting them know I was serious.