JohnH

Default Why Optimax is not true DFI

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:44:45 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 07:19:08 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
K. Smith wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
-rick- wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

What "failure rate" statistics can you cite to back up your claim that
the engines "suffered way too high failure rates for
consumer usage"? Legitimate statistics, please, backed up by some sort
of legitimate science, not your usual crap you extrapolate from
reading
about three incidents that took place on a hot day in August on an
unnamed lake and involving three guys working their way through a keg
and bloodworms spread on crackers.

Are legitimate failure rate statistics publicly available for any
consumer item? The companies I've worked for held that data pretty
tightly.

Sure, at least partially. We've all encountered "recalls" with
various products, or at least read or heard about them.

But that's not my point. Ms. Smith is claiming a "way too high
failure rate," based upon nothing more than, basically, nothing. How
can you claim a rate is "too high" without any reliable quantifying?

The evidence I gave was we all were told this by a dealer friend of
yours in this NG!!! What better evidence could you possibly ask for???
again are you suggesting this particular dealer was nothing but lying
scum like you???

What I'm stating is that your propaganda is not based upon any
certified, verifiable, enumerated, qualified, or quantified data.

If that's what you're trying to say then just come out with it, don't
be shy.

Also it's clear that Brunswick are not putting any more money into it
& spending vast sums on the 4 strokes. That's the final nail as far as
I'm concerned.

When I bought my Opti in 1998, I read info from Brunswick which said the
Opti technology was a bridge to help the company meet emission standards
in the short term.

If one of your dealer buddies isn't enough for you then I can't help
you further

I'm not making the claim, you are. You need the help, not me.

Harry,
I can remember a very detailed discussion Karen had with some
engineering types who used to frequent this motley group. I thought
they agreed that there was and should be concern about the lubrication
of Fichts at trolling speed.

600+ something hours most at low speed on the ranger and no problems
related to oiling or cylinder wear. i did have a stator problem which
cascaded through the engine, but thats almost unheard of even of other
engines including fichts.

oh, and its an omc ficht.

the problem is that most of the folks, engineers or not, have no clue
about how the system works or doesnt work - mostly doesnt because the
assumptions they make are valuless, uninformed and strictly
speculation - in short, if you cant convince them with brilliance....

its an advanced technology which baffles some who think they know it
all, thus they have to rely on bull**** and bafflement to "make" their
points.

everybody else can buy merc optimaxs and verados and yamaha four
strokes, but they arent going to get the milage i do, the preformance
i do or the reliability i have received.

so im done with this - everybody can do what they want - ill be
laughing all the way to the fishing grounds - or the bank with my
incredibly efficient engines.

Tom, is Karen wrong in her description of how the system works or doesn't?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****