posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.outdoors.camping

Default Kayaking Advice Please

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:16:30 GMT, "Shrink"
wrote:

(snipped)

1. For those ex-canoeists who are now ardent kayakers - do you miss it?

Not much. Still do a canoe thing with my friends every now and then.

What limitations will I experience switching to kayaks vs canoes and what
advantages will I have?

Carrying capacity and weight capacity. A canoe of equal length to a
kayak will carry along a lot more camping goods, firewood, and
coolers. On the other hand, you'll find out, if you hadn't already,
that you don't need a lot of those heavy and space wasting things.

Kayaks give you a much more intimate feeling of the water and of
movement.

--

r.bc vixen. Minnow Goddess. Willow watcher. Often taunted by trout.