Thomas Wentworth

Default Radar Question

I am more confused. I looked this up on one of those web sites ;;
Defender. It seems like they sell the radar in parts. The big thing goes
up on the mast and then the wiring and then the screen.

Can you get a package? A cheap package? I don't need much, just a warning
against big ships.

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 23:55:34 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

How much work is it to add radar on a small sailboat? Is there much
wiring,
does the radar need much power, and about how much can this be done for?

Took me about a day. The wiring is pretty simple and basic. How much power
it
needs depends on the unit and how it is used. I have only the alternator
in an
outboard motor for charging batteries, and I have no problem keeping up.

I think my total outlay for the RADAR and the mounting hardware was around
$3000. I did have to fabricate a few custom bits, but that was part of my
labor,
not money.