K. Smith

Default Towing a boat with a sedan......

JR North wrote:
Back in the '60's and '70's, My uncle towed a 26ft travel trailer all
over the US with his Chrysler New Yorker. Now THERE was a tow car.
Cheaper, too.
JR
Wonder how much AAMCO would charge to do the trans in the grand Maybach?

wrote:

Looks like somebody still buids a sedan that could tow a fair-sized
boat. Launching might be a problem- would want to use a sling or a
hoist rather than drive into the water with one of these.

But the dealer quoted in this article is nuts. Yes, the car is
expensive- but nowhere near the price range of a new motoryacht:

Land Yacht
First Drive: 2006 Maybach 57 S
By EDMUNDS.COM EDITORS

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Do you not have a rule there about the towed weight vs the weight of the
tow vehicle??? we do, so unless it's a semi trailer you can't get too
far above the weight of the tower