Slambram

Default Bravo III - is skeg supposed to have a bend?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:30:06 GMT, "Lawrence James"
wrote:

NEW boat or new to you? Not aware of any intentional bent skegs.

"Slambram" wrote in message
.. .
I just noticed that the skeg on my new boat with B3 has a slight
bend/twist. Almost looks like it's supposed to be there. No signs of
damage. I seem to remember reading something about bends in skegs to
counteract torque steer, but then i thought "counter rotating props -
what torque steer?"

I also noticed a nose cone was added at some point. Could the bend
have been added for some reason?

New to me. The boat is otherwise flawless, and like i said the bend
looks like it''s supposed to be there. There's not even any paint
missing, which probably means the bend was there when the skeg was
repainted after the addition of the nose cone. Or at least repainted
after the PO hit whatever he hit...