Don White

Default Mayday off coast of Mexico-rescued from catamaran

Bob wrote:
Wayne. B
Jan 29, 7:58 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising
From: Wayne.B - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:58:42 -0500
original | Report Abuse

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:01:27 -0800, Evan Gatehouse

wrote:

Richard Woods (the skipper of the cat we're discussing) is British and
his boat is UK Flagged - and this is international waters. What
felony law would apply?

Good question, and I have no idea. For US citizens it is clear cut:
You are required to obey an order from a law enforcement officer, and
the USCG qualifies as such.

Once again Wayne B. is right on. The USCG and USN can stop anybody-
anywhere- anytime, board you and drag your sorry ass to the brig. For
the US gov there is no such thing as "international waters." They call
it Drug Enforcment.Try this: you are sitting in some SE Asian country
drinking a beer. Decide to take that cute girl up on her offer for a
lilttle suckie suckie. Problem is she is a little young. The US can and
has arrested US citizens for child rape while in another county. Do not
pass go, Do not collets $200, Go directly to jail. The US has some very
long arms.
Bob

You got that right!
Some stupid young guy here in my home provinve started talking tash and
threatening George W. on the internet.
Next thing..the Secret Service called the Mounties and that kid was
rounded up and charged. Not sure if his case has come before the courts
yet.