Bob

Default Mayday off coast of Mexico-rescued from catamaran

Wayne. B
Jan 29, 7:58 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising
From: Wayne.B - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:58:42 -0500
original | Report Abuse

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:01:27 -0800, Evan Gatehouse

wrote:
Richard Woods (the skipper of the cat we're discussing) is British and
his boat is UK Flagged - and this is international waters. What
felony law would apply?

Good question, and I have no idea. For US citizens it is clear cut:
You are required to obey an order from a law enforcement officer, and
the USCG qualifies as such.

Once again Wayne B. is right on. The USCG and USN can stop anybody-
anywhere- anytime, board you and drag your sorry ass to the brig. For
the US gov there is no such thing as "international waters." They call
it Drug Enforcment.Try this: you are sitting in some SE Asian country
drinking a beer. Decide to take that cute girl up on her offer for a
lilttle suckie suckie. Problem is she is a little young. The US can and
has arrested US citizens for child rape while in another county. Do not
pass go, Do not collets $200, Go directly to jail. The US has some very
long arms.
Bob