Capt. JG

Default Ocean Kayak and 27footer: store / tow

"Gary" wrote in message
MMC wrote:
Damn expensive experience gathering! A good friend has lost 2 inflatables
while towing! He finally bought davits.....
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

The reason I am interested in hearing from someone who has actually towed
a sit on top is because of all the types of towed dinghies, it seems like
it would be the best. It can't fill with water. It won't suddenly weigh
1000 pounds. It is unsinkable. The only thing that I can think of that
would be of concern is it flipping over in a seaway and diving. Painter
chafe is a solveable problem.

Carrying one onboard is easy and I do that regularily. I don't tie it to
the guardrails/lifelines though. They are not strong enough for that.

Gaz

Yes, it would seem like it would be the best... but they get pretty
squirrelly I would think... whipping around because they have no substance.
I believe that the one I saw lost kept getting whipped from side to side and
this finally did in the painter.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com