Gary

Default Ocean Kayak and 27footer: store / tow

MMC wrote:
Damn expensive experience gathering! A good friend has lost 2 inflatables
while towing! He finally bought davits.....
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

The reason I am interested in hearing from someone who has actually
towed a sit on top is because of all the types of towed dinghies, it
seems like it would be the best. It can't fill with water. It won't
suddenly weigh 1000 pounds. It is unsinkable. The only thing that I
can think of that would be of concern is it flipping over in a seaway
and diving. Painter chafe is a solveable problem.

Carrying one onboard is easy and I do that regularily. I don't tie it
to the guardrails/lifelines though. They are not strong enough for that.

Gaz