MMC

Default Ocean Kayak and 27footer: store / tow

Damn expensive experience gathering! A good friend has lost 2 inflatables
while towing! He finally bought davits.....
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"MMC" wrote in message
.. .
I think Garhauer makes racks that mount to stanctions for hanging kayaks
outside the rail.
I agree with the below, heard too many "wasn't there a dinghy back there
when we left?" stories to do that myself.

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...

Does anyone have experience either storing an
ocean kayak (closed, sit on top variety) on a 27
foot sailboat, or towing it behind?

What are your experiences? Doable? Horrible?
Good idea?

Thanks!

I believe there's another thread about towing... you should probably
avoid
this except for short distances in protected waters.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I have that tee shirt.