posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default LED Anchor Light

You might try some adaptation of this:

http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_hydro.html

Couple it with the boat rocking.

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in message
I had an idea...some feelback would be great.

I had a low-draw anchor light that we've been hanging from the boom when
anchored and simply stowing when underway. It's got a photosensor so is
automatic...you know the $40 one from Boatersworld. It's brightness is
acceptable but now that it quit working, I want to make a replacement.

I was thinking of a really damn bright light (i.e. so even the crazy
weekend
powerboaters from Miami will see it)...a battery sized to match (12hoursX
draw/H) & stored in a cockpit lazarette & coupled with a small solar
panel.
That way I can have a bright anchor-light while not drawing power from my
house batteries.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

Glenn.
s/v Seawing
www.seawing.net

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 22:05:03 -0500, Larry wrote:

It was bright enough.....well, until the battery ran dead around

midnight.
After that, it was DEAD....not good.

It is an absolute requirement that they must stay lit until 1/2 hour
after the last pub closes. :-)

There should also be an owner sensor that will cause it to start
blinking if you get to within 400 yards of it in your dinghy.