posted to rec.boats.electronics
Butch Davis

Default GPS Antenna Cable

Thank you, gentlemen.

The GPS I most want is unavailable, to date, with an internal antenna. The
external antenna will be mounted less than two feet from the receiver but
has about a thirty foot cable. I prefer not to have this cable wadded up
beneath my center console. Thanks to you, I believe I can safely shorten
the cable.

I'll double check with Lowrance but plan to do it unless it will void the
warranty.

Butch
"Bjarke Christensen" (nej, det skal selvfølgelig
være med K da jeg er dansker) wrote in message
. dk...
I cut 2 meter off mine and gave it a new bnc plug. No problem.

It's a Garmin.

Bjarke

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
What are the ramifications of shortening the cable by cutting and
spliceing? I've heard conflicting advice.

Thanks.

Butch