basskisser

Default Smokey 2-stroke

"Calif Bill" wrote in message link.net...
"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:15:21 +0000, Bill wrote:

Those were great motors and extremely popular. It is probably the mix

ratio
if it smokes a lot even after it is warmed up but it could be adjusted

little rich too.

I think it might be worth the investment to get some fresh gasoline and

some
OMC/Johnson/Evinrude 2 cycle oil and mix it accurately to 50:1.

--
Bill Kiene

Lloyd,
I would do what Bill suggested first with the fresh gas and correct oil

mixture.
If it still smoke real bad you might want to look at the Carburetors.

They may
be loading up causing the rich gas/oil to dump in the cylinders.

Remember Gas
burn better then Oil

Bill

Sounds like I should "explore" a too-rich mixture. There's a knob on the

front -
does that change mixture at all rpms or just idle (or what DOES it do?)

I want to get some fresh gas, but I'm not sure what to do with the old

stuff.
My lawn mower would explode - it's electric!

Lloyd

Put it in a 5 gallon can and try the new fuel. You can always add a gallon
to your van every fillup.

That should do wonders for the fuel injectors.