Capt. JG

Default Ocean Kayak and 27footer: store / tow

Well, I've seen it done, and I've seen the result...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Gary" wrote in message
news%SEf.424192$2k.384298@pd7tw1no...
Capt. JG wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Does anyone have experience either storing an
ocean kayak (closed, sit on top variety) on a 27
foot sailboat, or towing it behind?

What are your experiences? Doable? Horrible?
Good idea?

Thanks!

I believe there's another thread about towing... you should probably
avoid this except for short distances in protected waters.

The question is a little different than towing a dinghy. I too have
wondered about towing a sit-on-top kayak. The difference is they are self
bailing, unsinkable and fairly light. It is more akin to towing a
styrofoam log than a dinghy.

Good question. I am also interested in hearing if anyone has done it.

Gaz