posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,alt.sailing.asa
Larry

Default LED Anchor Light

wrote in news:1138931351.904927.206070
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

After trying to build my own LED anchor light, and finding the
so-called superbright LEDs I bought were too dim, I decided to just buy
a commercial one in spite of the high cost. So, I bought the Orca
Green Marine light (yeah, expensive) with solar cell to turn it off in
day. I plan to hook it up to my batteries via a long wire and pull it
up into the foretriangle. I'll ley y'all know how it works.

When Cap'n Geoffrey bought Lionheart, an Amel Sharki Ketch, from a guy in
Florida, we found HIS homemade anchor light atop the mizzenmast.....a Home
Depot, solar-recharged, LED walkway light, the kind you put up a sidewalk
in front of your house. It has a LEGAL anchor light on it, now. The guts
of the walkway light are lit as I type this. I put it in the front window
of my work stepvan and pointed the two yellow LEDs into the step well to
light it up when you crawl aboard at night. Still works great unless you
park the truck in the shade all day or it rains....