prodigal1

Default Interesting factoid about Group 31 batteries

Larry wrote:
snip when placed in a fine yacht like a Bayliner or Sea Ray....

fine yachts indeed!
Recently I found out that there are actually 3 types of yachts cruising
the Great Lakes. Sitting in the cockpit of our sailboat soaking up some
sun and suds the following enlightening exhange was overheard on ch. 68
in the Killarney Channel.

"Sportsman's, Sportsman's, Sportsman's, this is the Lotsa Lettuce, Lotsa
Lettuce, Lotsa Lettuce over..."

"Lotsa Lettuce...this is Sportsman's good day sir"

"Ah yeah we've got a reservation and blah blah blah"

"Roger that sir, please say your length and type."

and in the stentorial tones summoned only by the likes of proprietors of
only the finest of fine yachts and perhaps Ted Baxter we heard in response

"Roger that, ahem, we're a 53 foot -insert dramatic pause here- Searay"

Well you can imagine what a revelation this was for us. As I was in the
middle of a rather largish gulp of the golden brew, my sinuses were
treated to an involuntary high-pressure beer rinse as the import of this
pronouncement washed over me. 3 types??!? Sail, power....and Searay?
My God! who knew???