Roger Long

Default Interesting factoid about Group 31 batteries

Sounds like I got something wrong. Please explain.

As I understand it, metal physically moves from the plates into
solution as the batteries discharge and back as they charge. Since it
doesn't redeposit perfectly, the plates become lumpy. The greater the
discharge, the greater this effect. Lower clearance between the
plates make the battery less tolerant.

Batteries are far from the center of my expertise so I'm not
embarrassed to be wrong. What am I missing here?

--

Roger Long

"Larry" wrote in message
"Roger Long" wrote in news:wRbEf.1929$5Q3.852
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

deep charging cycles more likely to cause plates to touch.

I can tell this is gonna be a LONG thread....(c;