posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default SSB Antenna Installation

bradleyj wrote in
:

One of the earlier posts mentions RF noise concerns from the motors. Any
other opinions on this? I could line the motor cowls with aluminum foil
if this would help.

If these are Ficht engines, I doubt you'll ever hear anything, foil or not,
on an HF radio. Hell, they wipe out a 5KW AM on 1250 in the harbor! The
computers and that stupid injection system blowtorch eating the heads off
the spark plugs..all those make incredible RF noise. You'd never be able
to shield it all as it sneaks out every wire going to the console, its own
antenna.

Please tell me those are not Ficht engines....How awful.