Wayne.B

Default Interesting factoid about Group 31 batteries

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:45:52 -0500, Larry wrote:

They do? Why are they "better" to justify the awful price, probably
funding those fancy ads in the big boy boat rags?

They take abuse really well, come with great warranties, and they
offer many different configurations for semi custom installations.

Does their 400 AH battery put out more than the wetcell 400 AH battery?

Of course not, but it will do it for many more years. Take a look at
their spec sheets for charge/recharge cycles. If you really rely on
your batteries, and especially if they are in a difficult location,
that's worth a few bucks. Replacing one of my 120 lb 8Ds from behind
a DD671 and generator without damaging your back or anything else is a
VERY interesting project, not soon to be repeated I hope.